Cajun Beef Wraps
Workout Planner’s Cajun Beef Wraps were inspired by a recipe that was once found, used, and then lost.. never to be seen again. Many times we tried to replicate that exact recipe, but our attempts were weak, and incomparable. It came time to accept our fate.. it was time to create our own version; Here is the simple recipe for Workout Planner’s Cajun Beef Wraps. (serves 4-6)
- 1 Kg of Beef Mince
- 1/2 Cup of Wholemeal Bread Crumbs
- 4 Teaspoons of Cajun Seasoning
- Helga’s Traditional Wholegrain Wraps
- 2 Tablespoons of oil
- 1 Iceburg Lettuce
- 4 Tomatoes
- 1 Capsicum
- 1 Red Onion
- 2 Carrots
- Grated Cheese
- 1/2 Cup of Corn Kernels
- Combine Mince, Breadcrumbs, Cajun Seasoning and Corn Kernels in a large bowl. Mix and mush with your hands until all components have evenly distributed.
- Roll the beef into small patties about 2-4 cm in diameter.
- Grate Carrots & slice Tomatoes, Capsicum, Onion and Lettuce – place each ingredient in a bowl/tupperware container of it’s own ready to be applied to the wraps.
- In another bowl/container, mix 3 Tablespoons of Mayonnaise with 1 1/2 Teaspoons of Cajun seasoning.
Heat a large frying pan on low-medium heat and add all oil. When heated, add pre-rolled patties to the pan. Flip each pattie after about 20-30 seconds and then every now and then from here on out. Once patties are a nice golden dark-brown colour, check the inside of the largest one to ensure they’re thoroughly cooked.
Preparing the wraps:
First of all you will need a nice clean, flat surface, your wraps, a teaspoon and your bowl of pre-made Cajun Mayonnaise. Take a wrap, get a teaspoon of Cajun Mayonnaise and spread it on the wrap. Next up; salads – I tend to do mine in the order of Lettuce, Carrot, Onion, Tomato, Capsicum. Follow the salads with 2-3 patties followed by some grated cheese on top. Add desired salt, pepper and condiments then wrap. Use a toothpick to hold the wrap in place until needed.